Passengers are recommended to arrive no later than 60 minutes before flight departure. To meet flight schedules, check-in counters are closed 30 minutes before departure time. Any late passenger will be denied boarding.
The time shown on ticket is the take-off time, not the boarding time.
CHECK-IN / BOARDING
At main public terminal, except for the following :
Montréal (Saint-Hubert) :
6200, route de l’Aéroport, Saint-Hubert (Québec) J3Y 8Y9
For security reasons and as required by law, Pascan reserves the right to refuse transporting passenger under influence of alcohol and/or drugs.
SPECIAL ASSISTANCE (EX: SERVICE ANIMALS, WHEELCHAIR, SEAT BELT EXTENSION)
To ensure comfort during the trip, passengers who require special assistance are recommended to contact the reservation center directly at 1-888-885-8777, upon purchase of the ticket.
A certified guide dog or service animal is accepted on board any Pascan aircraft provided it is held in a harness. The passenger must also provide, when booking, the certificate attesting that the animal has been trained by a professional animal training organization in order to help a person in need of assistance.
The carrier will accept, free of charge, a service animal of a person with a disability. This person will be entitled to the full baggage allowance.
The transporter will determine, in consultation with the person with the disability, where they and the animal will sit in order to have sufficient space.
A passenger in a wheelchair is welcome on Pascan's flights. Most "foldable" type wheelchairs are accepted on board. However, some equipment such as rigid frame and / or electric wheelchairs may not be accepted due to lack of space and / or limitations imposed by the design of the aircraft, or both. If the passenger wishes to transport their personal wheelchair to their destination, Pascan will provide them with a borrowed wheelchair at check-in, so that theirs can be checked in before boarding.
Seat belt extension
A passenger who requires a seat belt extension must request it when booking.
INFANTS AND CHILDREN
- Children under age 12 are accepted for travel when accompanied on the same flight and in the same compartment by a passenger 12 years of age or older.
- Unaccompanied minors aged 8 to 11 (inclusively) are accepted for travel, under the following conditions, for safety reasons :
- a parent or a guardian accompanies the minor at the airport;
- the minor has a birth certificate confirming his/her age;
- the contact information (name, address and phone number) of the person(s) responsible meeting the minor at the destination airport is presented at check-in;
- on arrival at the destination airport, the person meeting the child presents identification card with photo to the Pascan agent and signs the official form accepting responsibility for the child.
- Children under 2 years of age, not occupying a seat and accompanied by a passenger 12 years of age or older, will be transported free of charge. A birth certificate is required to validate the age of the infant. In that case, the infant is seating on the adult’s lap.
- All bookings for children under 12 years old have to be made through the reservation center at 1-888-885-8777.
The infant’s baggage allowance is 20 pounds.
The travel of an infant below 7 days requires medical certificate and a written authorization from the adult travelling with him.
If the infant (under 2 years of age), occupied a seat, a child fare must be paid.
If a safety seat is used, it must be certified and indicates the standard number CMVSS “213.1”.
The seat is installed only near the adult travelling with the infant.
From 2 years of age, a seat must be paid, which will be with child fare. If a safety seat is used, it must be certified and indicates the standard number CMVSS “213”.
The CARES child restraint device is also accepted on board of Pascan. It is used for child weighting 22 to 44 pounds, whose height is 40 inches or less.
PREGNANT WOMEN POLICY
Before their 27th week: A pregnant woman can travel on Pascan's flights without a medical certificate.
Between the 28th and the 38th week: A pregnant woman can travel on condition that she presents at check-in a medical certificate drawn up in the last 72 hours before departure by a doctor or a registered midwife. This certificate must confirm the number of weeks of pregnancy, the date (s) of the trip and must also indicate that the passenger is fit to fly.
39th week and over: A pregnant woman cannot be accepted for air travel after the 39th week, therefore the return flight must take place before.
Pregnant women who wish to travel with a baby on their lap are permitted to do so.
Each passenger is entitled to the following baggage allowance:
- Maximum 40lbs of checked baggage per passenger.
- No maximum number of pieces.
- The maximum linear dimension (length + width + height) is 62 inches.
- Pascan allows passengers to take one carry-on baggage and one personnal item with them on board aircraft with 10 seats or more.
- Maximum weight of 13lbs / Maximum dimension 15in x 13in x 7in.
Maximum weight of 7lbs / Maximum dimension: 10 in x 12 in x 8 in
The following are examples of personnal item that are allowed on board:
- Coat or other outer garment.
- Large handbags are considered carry-on baggage.
- Baby item Ex: diaper bag.
- Approved safety seat for infants or children, if an individual seat has been purchased for the child.
- Small electronic device. Ex: cell phone, laptop, etc.
Maximum weight for 1 piece is 50 Lbs (for handling need). If this case occurs, the overweight is placed in a separated box at check-in counter. Fees of 3$/lbs is charged for the excess baggage.
DAMAGED BAGGAGE / LOST
We recommend passengers to keep with them, or in their carry-on baggage valuables, medications, keys, important documents or money. We suggest also that all personal belongings are packed suitably and, if required, in hard-shell cases.
Subject to the provisions of the Montreal Convention and the Warsaw Convention, where applicable, Pascan assumes no liability for perishables or liquids, nor does it accept liability for valuables or items whose loss may cause serious damage, such as money, jewellery, computers, cameras, cellular phones, prescription medication or medical equipment.
In the case of loss of, damage to, or delay in delivery of baggage, no claim will be entertained by Pascan unless written notice of such claim is presented no later than seven (7) days after the occurrence of the event giving rise to the claim.
Please note that Pascan will not be liable for defects and/or minor damage as a result of normal wear and tear, including but not limited to: scratches, nicks, missing straps, zipper damage, handles, scuffs, dents, soiling, manufacturer defects, wheels, seams, retractable handles or overpacked baggage.
All claims are subject to proof of value and loss (actual value of the baggage or damaged goods). Passengers must fill out the *damaged baggage*.
LOST OR DELAYED BAGGAGE
If the checked baggage is not located upon arrival, notify a representative of the airline that provided the arrival flight.
Pascan has five business days to locate and deliver the baggage to the specified address.
Passengers are advised to keep valuables, important documents and medications in their carry-on baggage. Subject to the provisions of the Warsaw Convention, Pascan Airlines assumes no liability for perishables or liquids, nor does it accept liability for valuables or items whose loss may cause serious damage, such as money, jewellery, computers, cameras, cellular phones, prescription medication or medical equipment.
In the case of loss, or delay in delivery of baggage, no claim will be entertained by Pascan Airlines unless written notice of such claim is presented no later than seven (7) days after the occurrence of the event giving rise to the claim.
All claims are subject to proof of value and loss (actual value of the baggage or damaged goods). Passengers must fill out the *lost baggage*.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR BAGGAGE
Pascan is making all efforts to handle the baggage with care. However, liability for the loss of, damage to, or delay in the delivery of baggage is limited under the terms and conditions of Pascan's Contract of Carriage, unless a higher value is declared in advance and the additional charges associated with the higher value are paid.
Liability for damage to, or a delay in the delivery of baggage is limited to $250 CAD per passenger, unless a higher value is declared in advance and additional charges are paid. Each baggage claim is filed by one person only.
Liability for the loss of baggage is limited to $1,000 CAD per passenger unless a higher value is declared in advance and additional charges are paid. Each baggage claim is filed by one person only.
The liability of the carrier is limited to the declared value of the baggage except when the passenger:
(a) Has declared the value of the baggage to be an amount exceeding $250 per passenger for one or more passengers; and
(b) Has paid an additional charge of $2 per $250 or portion thereof for the excess amount.
Pascan allows each passenger to bring with them in the cabin, one carry-on baggage and one personal item, on board an aircraft having 10 seats or more.
For aircraft with 9 seats or less. the carry-on baggage is loaded in the baggage compartment while personal item can be brought in cabin.
OTHER ITEMS ALLOWED IN CABIN
The following are examples of items allowed in cabin, in addition to the carry-on allowance:
- Coat or other outer garment;
- Small purse measuring no more than (10 in x 12 in x 5.5 in). Large bag is considered as carry-on baggage.
- Infant care item (e.g. diaper bag);
- Approved safety seat for infant and child, if a child ticket has been purchased;
- Special needs items (see "Special Items" section below);
- Small electronic device such as a cell phone, laptop computer or MP3 player.
The following items are allowed, any time, in addition to the carry-on allowance:
- Mobility aids (e.g. walker, cane, crutches, brace or communication device*) or other special needs items;
- Container carrying life-sustaining items;
- Medication in its original, labelled packaging;
- medical equipment with battery (such as CPAP and sleep apnea devices) and Personal Oxygen Concentrators.
ACCEPTANCE OF BAGGAGE OR GOODS
All baggage or goods presented for transportation are subject to inspection by Pascan
Baggage or goods will not be carried :
- when such articles are likely to endanger the aircraft, the persons or the property ; OR
- are likely to be damaged by air carriage ; OR
- are unsuitably packed; OR
- if their carriage would violate any applicable Canadian law, regulation, or order.
If the weight, size or character of the baggage or goods make them unsuitable for carriage on the aircraft, Pascan, will refuse to carry such baggage or goods or any part thereof, prior to departure.
Transportation of hazardous materials
The following hazardous materials will not be accepted for transportation aboard Pascan aircraft:
- Flammable gases, toxic gases (pepper spray), non-flammable and non-toxic gases
- Flammable liquids
- Flammable solids
- Oxidizers and organic peroxides
- Toxic and infectious agents
- Radioactive materials
- Miscellaneous Hazardous Materials at the discretion of Pascan
TRANSPORTATION OF FIREARMS
All firearms must be declared to Pascan when booking. Ammunitions must be unloaded from firearms. Empty firearms must be locked in their carrying case. Ammunition allowance is limited to 11lb per passenger and must be packed in a separate container. Explosive or incendiary cartridges are prohibited.
REFUND AND CHANGES
HOW TO REQUEST
Depending to fare conditions, changes and refunds are made through the reservation center at 1888.885.8777, Monday to Friday, from 8h00 to 18h00. If passenger wishes to cancel his flight after the opening hours, passenger is invited to leave a message in the voicemail, or to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any other request shall be made by sending email to email@example.com
Pascan will make all efforts to assist passengers:
- To reroute on next available flight, at no additional cost
- To put a credit equal to the value of the unused ticket, for a later use ; OR
- To refund ticket
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Pascan will not be responsible :
- For cancellations due to force majeure events
- For labour disputes or strikes, whether of Pascan employees or of other persons upon whom the carrier relies on for the flight service
Force majeure events means any event which are beyond control of Pascan, including and not limited to :
- accidents or failure of the aircraft or of any part thereof
- any mechanical problem of any equipment used for the aircraft
- severe weather conditions
- any safety reasons
Pascan will be exempted from liability due to any failure to perform any of its obligations arising from a force majeure event.
Subject to the Warsaw Convention, or the Warsaw Convention as amended by the Hague Protocol, the carrier is not obliged to pay compensation in cases where the cancellations and delays have been caused by (a) force majeure event(s) i.e. extraordinary circumstance(s) beyond Pascan’s control.
REROUTING OF PASSENGERS
Pascan will be exempted from liability due to any failure to perform any of its obligations arising from a force majeure event. In other cases, where rerouting is necessary, Pascan will endeavour to fulfill its obligations, including the provision of alternate means of transportation.
FAILURE TO PROVIDE SERVICE OR TO OPERATE ON SCHEDULED TIME
Pascan will be exempted from liability due to any failure to perform any of its obligations arising from a force majeure event.
Pascan will do all efforts to transport passengers and their baggage within a reasonable period of time, but times shown on tickets, timetables or elsewhere are not guaranteed and form no part of this agreement.
Scheduled stopovers are those shown on Pascan’s timetable. Pascan may, without notice, substitute alternative carriers or aircraft and, if necessary, may alter or cancel scheduled stopovers.
Schedules are subject to change without notice. Pascan is not responsible or liable for failure to make connections, for failure to operate any flight on scheduled time, or for any change of the schedule.
Pascan assumes no liability for any non-compensatory or unforeseeable damages related to the traveler's travel or other expenses based on the purpose of his or her trip or his / her personnal schedule upon arrival.
Pascan cannot guarantee that the passenger’s baggage will be carried on the same flight if sufficient space is not available as determined by Pascan.
COMPENSATION FOR OVERBOOKING
If a passenger is denied boarding as a result of overbooking, Pascan will:
- Refund the fare related to the unused portion; or
- Make reasonable efforts to book the passenger on another flight operated by Pascan.
If Pascan is unable to provide an alternative using its own service transportation on another carrier or combination of carriers in the same class of services, will be arranged.
CONDITIONS AND FARES
RESERVATIONS, CONFIRMATIONS, VALIDITY
Pascan can deny boarding if passenger has not in his possession a valid ticket (confirmation via email or fax).
Tickets are non-transferable and Pascan is not liable to the owner of the ticket for honouring or refunding such ticket when presented by another person.
A reservation is valid when it is confirmed by the carrier, subject to payment or a credit arrangement between the carrier and the passenger.
All reservations, even if confirmed, are subject to cancellation without notice:
- If the passenger has not purchased a ticket
- If the passenger (or his/her agent) fails to complete the reservation requirements;
- If the passenger is not present at the boarding gate at least 45 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time;
- if such action is necessary to comply with any governmental regulation or to comply with any governmental request for emergency transportation in connection with national defence;
- whenever advisable by reason of force majeure (weather or other conditions beyond Pascan’s control).
Tickets are valid for a maximum of one (1) year from the date of issue.
Pascan shall not be responsible for a late arrival or an absence at check in desk ; that means 20 minutes prior to scheduled departure time ; or if Pascan does not receive any change request from passenger, following to fare conditions .
CANCELLATION - BY THE PASSENGER
If a passenger decides not to use the ticket and cancels the reservation, the passenger may not be entitled to a refund, depending on fares conditions.
Any changes or cancellations made less than 2 hours prior to departure time are non refundable.
CANCELLATION - BY THE CARRIER
In the event of Pascan’s failure to operate or refusal to transport, unused segments will be refunded.
FLEX FARE (FULL FARE)
Reservation any time. Ticket valid for one year from date of original reservation. Refundable, may be put on credit, changeable and transferable to a third party. Changes are permitted free of charge up to 48 hours prior to departure. Changes within 48 hours of departure are subject to a fee of $75 + tax. No changes are permitted less than 2 hours prior to departure. Failure to do so, passenger will automatically forfeit ticket.
RESERVEZ TOT FARE (RT7)
Reservation must be made at least 7 days before departure. Ticket is valid one year from date of original reservation. Non refundable. Any changes, cancellations or transfers are subject to a fee of $75 + tax. May be put on credit but valid for RT7 fare only. No changes are permitted less than 2 hours prior to departure. Failure to do so, passenger will automatically forfeit ticket.
PREMIER FARE (Restrictive fare)
Reservation must be made at least 14 days prior to departure. Seats are limited. Ticket valid 1 year from date of original reservation. Non refundable. Changes permitted with a 173.95$ fee plus taxes. May be put on credit, 173.95$ fee plus taxes will be charged for any changes, transfers, modifications or cancellations. Credit valid for reservation issued with Premier fare only. No changes permitted within 2 hours of departure. Failure to do so, passenger will automatically forfeit ticket
Seats are limited. Ticket valid 1 year from date of original reservation. Non refundable. Changes permitted with a 173.95$ fee plus taxes. May be put on credit. 173.95$ fee plus taxes will be charged for any changes, transfers, modifications or cancellations. Credit valid for reservations issued with Premier fare only. No changes permitted within 2 hours of departure. Failure to do so passenger will automatically forfeit ticket.
The fuel surcharges depend on the type of aircraft.
The NAV CANADA surcharges amount is $37.
The Government of Canada introduced the air travellers security charge (ATSC) to fund the air travel security system. The current amount is $7.12.
Many airports in Canada have implemented Airport Improvement Fees (AIFs), which vary according to the destination.
REFUSAL TO TRANSPORT PASSENGERS OR GOODS
Pascan reserves the right to refuse to transport or may remove from any flight any passenger for any reason, including but not limited to the following:
- Laws and regulations: When such action is necessary to prevent violation of any applicable law, regulation or order of any country or government;
- Conduct/behaviour: When a passenger’s behaviour, age, mental or physical condition can have a negative impact on the reasonable safety, comfort or health of other passengers (pregnant women, newborns);
- Proof of identity/age: It is mandatory for all Pascan passengers to have in their possession at check-in time a valid identity card with photo, failure to a proper identification, the passenger will be refused boarding. In addition, when a passenger is traveling on a fare that has a particular age requirement for qualification, proof of age is required;
- Smoking: is prohibited on board of all Pascan flights. Passengers who are unwilling or unable to abide by this policy shall be removed from the flight at any scheduled stopover or may be refused boarding at the next stopover.
- Safety: Pascan may refuse to transport or remove from the aircraft at any point any passenger whose conduct interferes with the comfort and/or safety of other passengers or the flight crew.
- Travel documents are not in order: Pascan may refuse to transport any passenger whose entry into, transit through or boarding in Canada or any other point would be unlawful.
The carrier shall not be liable for refusing to transport any person or for otherwise removing a passenger from the aircraft at any point in the flight for the reasons outlined in the paragraph above.