All Pascan flights operate from the main terminal of the airport except in the following case:
- Montréal (Saint-Hubert) CYHU : 6200, route de l’Aéroport, Saint-Hubert, Québec, J3Y 8Y9
CHECK-IN / BOARDING
Check-in counters will open 90 minutes before departure. We ask passengers to arrive early to respect flight schedules. Check-in counters will close 45 minutes prior to departure time, after which boarding will be denied.
The time written on the ticket is the time of departure and not of boarding.
To ensure comfort during the trip, passengers who require special assistance must contact the reservation center.
A certified guide dog or service animal is accepted on board any Pascan aircraft provided it is held in a harness. The passenger must also provide when booking, the certificate attesting that the animal has been trained by a professional animal training organization to help a person in need of assistance.
The carrier will accept, free of charge, a service animal of a person in need of assistance. This person will be entitled to the full baggage allowance.
The carrier will determine, in consultation with the person needing assistance, where they and the animal will sit on the plane to ensure sufficient space.
A passenger in a wheelchair is welcome on Pascan flights. Most foldable type wheelchairs are accepted on board. However, some equipment such as rigid frame and/or electric wheelchairs cannot be accepted due to lack of space and/or limitations imposed by the design of the aircraft. If the passenger wishes to transport their personal wheelchair to their destination, Pascan will provide them with a wheelchair at check-in, so theirs can be checked in before boarding.
A passenger who requires a seat belt extension must request it when booking.
Before their 27th week:
A pregnant woman can travel on Pascan's flights without a medical certificate.
Between the 28th and the 38th week:
A pregnant woman can travel if she presents at check-in a medical certificate issued in the last 72 hours before departure by a doctor or a registered midwife. This certificate must confirm the number of weeks of pregnancy, the date (s) of travel and must also indicate that the passenger is fit to fly.
39th week and over:
A pregnant woman cannot be accepted on company flights after the 39th week, therefore the return flight must take place before.
Pregnant women who wish to travel with a baby on their lap can do so.
INFANTS AND CHILDREN
under 2 years
- Only one infant under two years of age can travel free if seated on the lap of a passenger who is at least 16 years old. The infant is entitled to a baggage allowance of 20 pounds.
- The infant for whom a seat has been purchased must be properly seated in an approved child restraint system and the applicable price must be paid. Regular baggage allowance applies.
- An ID showing the child's date of birth is required at check-in.
- The trip of an infant under 7 days old requires the presentation of a medical certificate issued by a doctor authorizing the trip.
- Canadian Aviation Regulations do not allow an adult passenger (age 16 years and older), at any time, to be in charge of more than one infant on board an aircraft. This applies whether the infant is seated on the adult's lap or sitting in a child restraint device in an adjacent seat.
2 to 11 years
- This passenger is considered a child for air travel purposes and will pay the applicable price (child fare), if available, when accompanied by a passenger, who is at least 16 years of age years and who holds a ticket, for the entire duration of the trip.
- For children aged 8 to 11, an unaccompanied minor travel service is offered. See section "unaccompanied minor" for more information.
- The use of an approved child restraint is optional for children two years old or older.
12 years and older
- This passenger is considered an adult for the purposes of air transport and will pay the adult fare.
- A minor between 12 and 17 years of age does not need to be accompanied or supervised.
- Minors aged between 12 and 16 years of age can use the unaccompanied minor travel service if requested by a parent or tutor. Travel restrictions relative to this service will apply.
All reservations for infants and/or children under 12 must be made with the reservation center.
SAFETY SEAT AND CHILD RESTRAINT SYSTEM
- The parent/guardian is responsible for bringing a safety seat to place the child under 2 years old on the airplane seat. The safety seat must be certified for use in a motor vehicle and on an airplane. The certification of compliance with the Canadian Motor Vehicle Safety Standards CMVSS 213.1 must be visible on the seat, marked with a sticker or manufacturer's label. The seat will be placed on the seat next to the parent/guardian only.
- From the age of 2, if the attendant wishes to place the child in a safety seat, the safety seat must have CMVSS 213 certification.
- The Child Aviation Restraint System (CARES) is also accepted for children between 22 and 44 pounds and not exceeding 40 inches.
The transport of unaccompanied minor aged between 8 and 11 years old inclusively is authorized, subject to the following conditions:
- The minor has in his possession a valid proof of identity establishing his age on the date of the beginning of the trip;
- The minor must be brought to the airport of departure by a parent/guardian who will stay with them until the carrier begins supervision. The parent/guardian must complete all required documents.
- The parent/guardian must remain at the departure airport until the departure of the aircraft.
- In an emergency, the parent/guardian must provide the carrier with the name and telephone number of a person to contact during the travelling period of the minor by the carrier.
- Unaccompanied minors aged 8 to 11 will not be accepted if the flight for which they hold a reservation is likely to end without reaching or bypassing its destination.
- Once the minor has been entrusted to the carrier, the carrier assumes its supervision until the minor is greeted at destination by another parent, guardian or responsible adult who can confirm to the carrier's staff, by means of a document photo ID, that he is the person designated to welcome the minor.
- A minor with a medical condition or a disability may not be accepted for transportation as an unaccompanied minor. Medical authorization may be required for any support service for minors intended for a child with medical conditions or a disability.
The unaccompanied minors service is offered on:
- Non-stop flights
- Flights with a stopover and without a change of aircraft
Charges will apply in each direction to users of the unaccompanied minor service. When two or more minors are traveling together, charges for one use of the unaccompanied minors service will apply, in each direction.
Any reservation for an unaccompanied minor must be made with the reservation center at least 72 hours in advance.
Seat selection is available if you are traveling on one of our SAAB340 at an additional cost. For more information or to reserve your seat, contact our reservation center.
Free seat selection for families with children under 14 is available on flights operated by SAAB340. According to the passenger protection regulations, the proximity to the seat required depends on the age of the child:
- Under 5 years old: in a seat immediately next to their parent or guardian.
- 5 to 11 years old: in the same row and separated by at most one seat from their parent or guardian.
- 12 or 13 years old: separated by at most one row of their parent or guardian
To reserve your family seats free of charge, please contact our reservation center.
If your flight is on other types of aircraft operated by Pascan where no seat assignment is possible, we will allow you to pre-board the aircraft before the other passengers and choose seats in accordance with the regulations. It is strongly recommended to contact the reservation center to inform us in advance of the need for pre-boarding.
THE POLICY BELOW DOES NOT APPLY TO GUIDE DOGS OR SERVICE ANIMALS.
Only domestic dogs and cats are accepted on board our flights under certain conditions and depending on the type of aircraft:
- SAAB340 : 2 per flight
- Autre type : 1 per flight
The pet must be in an appropriate cage or carrier and will be part of the customer's carry-on baggage allowance. The cage must be placed under the seat in front of the passenger and the animal must always remain in the closed transport cage under the seat. The passenger assumes full responsibility for the animal.
- The maximum cage or carrier size accepted is: 15'' x 13'' x 9''
- The weight of the animal and the cage must not exceed 20 lbs
Only leakproof and properly ventilated cages/carrier are accepted. It should be large enough to allow the animal to stand up straight legged, turn around and lie down comfortably and safely. No part of the animal may extend outside of the cage/carrier during the flight. Transport of the animal may be refused if the cage/carrier is too small.
The pet must be at least 12 weeks old and completely weaned.
Passengers traveling with an animal cannot sit on bulkheads and emergency exits rows. Specific seats will be assigned to you when you check in to ensure that you comply with the procedures and regulations in force.
In the case of allergies, there must be a minimum of 5 rows between a passenger allergic to dogs and/or cats and a passenger travelling with the animal in the cabin. If they are seated 5 rows or fewer from each other, the allergic passenger will be relocated forward in the cabin, so the passenger has direct access to lavatory and to avoid the row with the animal.
Any reservation for a pet must be made with the reservation center at least 72 hours in advance. A fee per segment is applicable when booking.
Each passenger is entitled to the following baggage allowance:
- Maximum weight 40lbs.
- No maximum number of pieces.
- The maximum linear size (length + width + height) is 62 inches.
- No individual baggage should exceed 50lbs (for handling by our employees).
If the baggage weight exceeds the allowable limit, the excess will be charged ($3,45 / lbs taxes included) to the passenger at the time of check-in.
Excess baggage will be transported subject to space availability. The excess baggage may therefore not be loaded on the same flight as the passenger.
In other cases, the excess baggage may be loaded with the passenger on the same flight, but disembarked at an intermediate stopover, different from the point of destination. In this case, the passenger is invited to take possession of it at the airport of destination upon arrival of said baggage.
INFANTS 2 YEARS AND UNDER
Infants under the age of two years old travelling on Pascan flights have a check baggage allowance of 20lbs plus two items ( example: playpen, stroller or car seat ).
Pascan allows passengers to take carry-on baggage and a personal item with them on board aircraft with seating for 10 or more.
Maximum weight of 13lbs / Maximum size 15in x 13in x 7in.
Maximum weight of 7lbs / Maximum size: 10in x 12in x 8in.
Here are some examples of item that are allowed on board:
Coat or other outer garment
Small electronic device
Passenger should carry their prescription medication on board in on board in their carry-on baggage. Passengers with severe allergies should also carry one or more Epipens as they would under any other circumstances.
Medical or mobility devices
The following items are always allowed, in addition to your carry-on allowance:
*Device that helps a passenger communicate (e.g. augmentative and alternate communication (AAC) device).
- Mobility aids (ie. braces, cane, crutches, walker, communication device*) or other special need items
- Tools of any size which are required by a passenger with special needs who is travelling with a mobility aid
- Battery-powered medical equipment (such as CPAP and sleep apnea devices) and personal oxygen concentrators.
- Medication in its original container
- Syringes or hypodermic needles for personal medical use (ie. Epipen), provided the needle guards are intact, and that they are accompanied by the prescription medication with a printed label identifying the medication name and the issuing medical office or pharmacy.
- Container carrying life sustaining items
Musical instruments are accepted as checked baggage subject to space availability. Musical instruments of any size are considered non-standard baggage. The weight of the instrument must be included in the checked baggage allowance and respect the size and weight limits of hold baggage. Large instruments such as cello or double bass are not accepted.
A musical instrument fee per segment is applicable when booking and this does not guarantee insurance in the event of loss or breakage.
The passenger is required to properly pack the instrument for the journey to ensure its safety and integrity. Pascan cannot be held responsible for damage if they are sent in the hold.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR BAGGAGE
Pascan is making all efforts to handle the baggage with care. However, liability for the loss of, damage to, or delay in the delivery of baggage is limited under the terms and conditions of Pascan's Contract of Carriage, unless a higher value is declared in advance and the additional charges associated with the higher value are paid.
Liability for damage to, or a delay in the delivery of baggage is limited to $250 CAD per passenger, unless a higher value is declared in advance and additional charges are paid. Each baggage claim is filed by one person only.
Liability for the loss of baggage is limited to $1,000 CAD per passenger unless a higher value is declared in advance and additional charges are paid. Each baggage claim is filed by one person only. The liability of the carrier is limited to the declared value of the baggage except when the passenger:
- Has declared the value of the baggage to be an amount exceeding $250 per passenger for one or more passengers; and
- Has paid an additional charge of $2 per $250 or portion thereof for the excess amount.
All baggage or goods presented for transport may be inspected by the carrier. The pieces of baggage or the goods presented will not be transported:
- If they may present a danger to the aircraft, people or property; or
- If they risk being damaged by air transport; or
- If they are not properly packaged; or
- If their transportation would contravene the laws, regulations or orders of Canada.
- If the baggage or goods, because of their weight, size or nature, cannot be transported on board the aircraft, Pascan must, before flight departure, refuse to transport all or part of the baggage or cargo.
Pascan must be notified in advance if the passenger plans to bring any firearms. Passenger must be 18 years of age or older to carry a firearm.
Firearms and ammunition should not be stored in the same container.
A declaration form must be completed at check-in for each firearm container. On the form, you must certify that the firearms are not loaded.
All firearms must be:
- Stowed in a specially designed opaque locked case, which cannot be easily broken during transport.
The maximum amount of ammunition per passenger must not exceed 11lbs. Ammunition must be packaged separately from weapons. Explosive or incendiary cartridges are prohibited.
TRANSPORT OF DANGEROUS GOODS
Dangerous goods are always prohibited, among others:
- Flammable gas, Toxic gas (Cayenne pepper), Non-flammable and non-toxic gas
- Flammable liquids
- Flammable solids
- Oxidizing materials and organic peroxides
- Toxic and infectious substances
- Radioactive elements
- Corrosive materials
- Various regulated hazardous materials
REFUSAL TO CARRY PASSENGERS OR GOODS
Pascan can refuse to transport any person for several reasons including but not limited to the following:
- Laws or regulations: this is necessary to avoid a violation of the laws, regulations or ordinances of any country or of any possession that must be flown over.
- Conduct or condition of the passenger: The conduct, condition, age, physical or mental condition are such that refusal is necessary for reasons of safety or comfort for other passengers (pregnant passenger, newborn baby );
- Proof of identity / age: When checking in and boarding all Pascan flights, all passengers must present a valid photo ID. Also, when a passenger travels on a particular fare because of his age, Pascan requires the presentation of proof.
- Smoking on board: Pascan does not allow passengers to smoke on any of his flights. Any passenger who fails or refuses to comply with this policy may be disembarked from the flight at any stopover en route or be denied boarding from the next stopover.
- Safety: Pascan may refuse to transport or drop off at any stopover a passenger whose actions interfere or have interfered with the safety or comfort of any passenger or crew member.
- The passenger's documents are not in order: Pascan can refuse to carry a passenger when entry, passage or boarding would not be legal.
In these cases, Pascan is not responsible for the refusal to transport the passenger and no compensation will be granted.
Reservation any time. Ticket valid for one year from date of original reservation. Refundable, may be put on credit, changeable and transferable to a third party. Changes are permitted free of charge up to 48 hours prior to departure. Changes within 48 hours of departure are subject to a fee of $86,23 taxes included. No changes are permitted less than 2 hours prior to departure. Failure to do so, passenger will automatically forfeit ticket.
Reservation made 7 days or more, before departure. Ticket valid for 1 year from the date of initial reservation. Non-refundable. Reportable ticket, transferable with a fee of $86,23 taxes included and possible fare adjustment. Credit valid for a reservation made with the RT7 rate only. No modification possible less than 2 hours before departure. . In the event of a cancellation, the passenger must notify the Pascan reservation center at least 2 hours before departure. Otherwise, the ticket is no longer valid automatically
Reservation made at least 14 days in advance. Seats are limited. Ticket valid for 1 year from the date of initial reservation. Non refundable. Changes are possible at a cost of $200 taxes included. The ticket is reportable and transferable with fees of $200 taxes included. Credit valid for a reservation made with the Premier rate only. No modification possible less than 2 hours before departure. In the event of cancellation, the passenger must notify at least 2 hours before departure otherwise they will automatically lose their ticket.
Seats are limited. Ticket valid for 1 year from the date of initial reservation. Non refundable. Changes are possible at a cost of $200 taxes included. Credit valid for a reservation made with the Premier rate only. No modification possible less than 2 hours before departure. In the event of cancellation, the passenger must notify at least 2 hours before departure otherwise they will automatically lose their ticket.
Non refoundable, Change date allowed within 72 hours prior departure, Fee 75 +tx per change. Modification not allowed 72 hours prior departure. Seat limited
REGIONAL AIR ACCESS PROGRAM (RAAP)
- This ticket is funded by the Ministère des Transports under component 2 of the RAAP (Set Maximum Airfare Pricing) and is not eligible for reimbursement under component 1 (Airfare Reimbursement for Residents of Remote and Isolated Areas) of the RAAP.
- The passenger hereby:
- Attests that (i) the trip is for personal use only and not for business or work purposes, (ii) the cost of the ticket is not being reimbursed by an employer or corporation, and (iii) the traveller has not acquired more than six one-way (or three round-trip) RAAP tickets over the course of the fiscal year (April 1 to March 31).
- Consents to the sharing of personal information by the carrier to the Ministère des Transports for the purposes of verifying compliance with the above-mentioned elements.
- In the event of a false declaration, the passenger may be excluded from the RAAP and will be responsible for reimbursing the Ministère des Transports for the amount paid by the Ministère to the carrier for the sale of this ticket in accordance with the Financial Assistance Table by Route (Grille des aides financières par liaison), available on the Ministère des Transports website which the passenger hereby declares to have read.
Full details of your fare, including all surcharges, taxes, fees and charges are available on your itinerary receipt.
REFUNDS OR CHANGES
HOW TO APPLY
Depending on the ticket fare conditions, changes or refunds can be done by calling the reservation center or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The phone numbers and opening hours of the reservation center can be found in the "Contact" section of the website.
RESERVATION, CONFIRMATION, VALIDITY
A seat reservation for a given flight is valid when it is entered into the carrier's electronic reservation system and the availability and allocation of the seat is confirmed by obtaining a code or ticket number. confirmation that authenticates the reservation.
A seat reservation on a given flight is only valid when confirmed by the carrier upon receipt of payment or after making credit arrangements between the carrier and the customer.
Any reservation, even confirmed, is subject to cancellation without notice if:
- To comply with a government regulation;
- To comply with a government request for emergency transportation;
- For a case of force majeure
- For failure of the passenger to comply with the requirements relating to check-in and boarding.
The ticket is valid for a maximum of one year after the reservation date.
CANCELLATION BY THE PASSENGER
Full details of your fare including cancellation conditions are available on the detailed ticket.